We take the safety of our members, team members and community very seriously, and have been working closely with Alberta Health Services throughout this pandemic to implement a number of safety measures in our stores.
As part of our work with Alberta Health Services, and in order to be transparent with our community, we have set out the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases at Calgary Co-op locations below. If we are advised of any risk to a team member or member, we will contact them directly and in accordance with the recommendations of Alberta Health Services. Further, out of an abundance of caution, we are conducting deep cleans and additional sanitization of any store where positive cases have been reported.
We have been working hard throughout the COVID-19 pandemic to make sure our stores are as safe as possible for everyone. These measures include:
• Regular disinfection of high-touch areas, shopping carts, baskets, handles, pin pads and conveyor belts, in addition to ongoing cleaning and sanitizing throughout the store.
• Installation of plexiglass dividers at check-outs and customer service counters.
• Staggering check-outs to adhere to physical distancing.
• Installation of physical distancing markers on the floor and one-way aisles.
• Restriction of the number of shoppers in-store at any given time.
• Personal protective equipment for all frontline staff.
• Hand sanitizer available for all customers at store entry and exit.
• Wage increases for all frontline team members.
• Increase to a $250 limit for touchless, “tap” payments for credit cards
• Designated shopping hours for seniors, those living with disabilities and compromised immune systems.