The planet’s wine regions are roughly split between the Old World (Europe), and the New World (not Europe). Although most of the international grape varieties are used everywhere, there does tend to be a bit of a stylistic difference depending on where the grapes are grown and the wine is made. Join us for a side-by-side comparison as we delve into how geography can greatly impact wine style.
September 29, 2021 | 7:00 pm
The health and safety of our Customers, Members and Team Members remains our top priority. As such, we’ve implemented a number of measures at our tasting events to help keep everyone involved safe, including:
- Limiting tasting event capacity
- Assigning tables
- Seating guests with only those in their parties
- Strict sanitization protocols of the event space/our Wine Spirits Beer locations
- *NEW*: As per the Provincial Restrictions Exemption Program, all event participants are required to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination, or proof of a negative covid test for entry into the event.
- Valid photo ID must match the vaccine record
- Valid paper or digital vaccine records must show name, vaccine type and date of administration
- Sept 20 – Oct. 25, 2021: proof of partial vaccination (one dose) is required, given the dose was give more than 2 weeks before the event date
- After Oct. 25, 2021: proof of full vaccination (two doses) is required
- Covid-19 test results must be negative within 72 hours of the event
- Valid photo ID must match the negative Covid test documentation
- Valid test results should be a written or printed copy that clearly outlines the type of test, time of sample collection, clear indication of a negative result, and laboratory that completed the test
We continue to follow the advice of Alberta Health Services and Occupational Health and Safety on all health and safety practices, including in regards to in-person events, and to watch for all updates from the Government of Alberta and City of Calgary.